SANOMA MEDIA FINLAND
“When the world changes, you can stand by or be part of the change.”
Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish cross-media company and a forerunner in the digital transformation of media. Helsingin Sanomat, Ruutu, Supla, and Ilta-Sanomat are just a few of our brands that deliver relevant, inspiring, and captivating content and reach 97 % of Finns every week. Our Tech & Data unit develops digital services and creates innovations for our brands and end-users.
Sanoma Media Trainee is an 8-month program that combines development work as part of an expert team, shared learning sessions, individual learning plan and a community of other trainees, committed management and professionals from different fields of expertise. We are looking for trainee designers to work with our digital news services:
News & Feature Media digital development team develops and operates large scale business-critical digital news platform (for Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Aamulehti and others) and tooling for editorial teams together with Helsingin Sanomat Data desk, business & product owners, designers, and other stakeholders.
You’ll be working with our highly skilled designers in a team that is responsible of the design and user experience of 15 news sites and 10 apps. With us your work will be seen by almost every finnish person through well-known brands. In our team things are done smartly and we constantly strive to improve the ways of working and use the best tools. Our way of working is participatory, learning and agile. You will work closely with designers, developers and other stakeholders, so that the quality of Sanoma’s news services, as well as our planning and development, is constantly improving.
What do we offer:
- 8-month paid trainee program from May to December 2024
- possibility to get a permanent position in the leading Finnish cross-media company
- high volume products and modern technologies
- interesting projects and opportunity to deepen your skills in the development of digital platforms in a challenging and rapidly evolving media industry
- open culture and expert teams that support your development
- modern work environment at the heart of Helsinki and hybrid-work model
What are we looking for:
- students at the end of their studies / recent graduates from a relevant field and UX/UI design knowledge from studies/previous work experience/hobbies
- interest in design system development & DesignOps is appreciated
- good communication skills in English and/or in Finnish
- good teamwork and collaboration skills
- enthusiastic attitude and motivation to learn
- eagerness to start a career in the media industry
All positions are based in Finland. Applicants need to have a work permit and address in Finland.
If you recognize yourself and are interested, apply for the job as soon as possible but no later than 27.2. by filling in the online application form. Additional information can be asked from Katriina Wallinmaa (email@example.com). We will screen applications during the application period and will move forward with the recruitment process as soon as matching candidates are found. We are looking forward for your application!
- Occupation healthcare
- Sports and culture benefit
- Lunch benefit
- Recreational clubs
- Personnel discounts from Sanoma products
- Sanoma personnel fund
- Holiday cottage rentals
Location: Töölönlahdenkatu 2, 00100 Helsinki