👋 Who are we?
Nordhealth’s mission is to build software that improves the daily lives of healthcare professionals. We build software that empowers veterinary and therapy professionals to provide the best possible care experiences to their patients. Our products are used daily by over 55,000 professionals in clinics and hospitals across 30+ countries. We excel with 20+ years of experience in healthcare and veterinary software.
We understand that talent comes from everywhere and anywhere. The greater our diversity, the better the products we deliver. That’s why we are a remote-first company, headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, with all ~400 employees working either remotely or from collaboration hubs. While our market presence is currently strongest in the Nordics, our customer base is rapidly growing in our other markets too, especially in Europe and North America (more at our website nordhealth.com.)
Creating great products is at our very core, but it’s the people who make companies great, not the other way around. We spend more time with our co-workers than anyone else in our lives. Being part of an exceptional team is not only important for your personal mindfulness but key for your professional progression.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated individual for a role that centers around Provet Cloud, our cloud-based veterinary practice management software (https://www.provet.cloud/). Provet Cloud is designed to help veterinary practitioners save time so they can devote more attention to caring for their patients and to make managing a veterinary practice more efficient and simpler. It offers features for appointment scheduling, electronic medical records, inventory management, billing, and communication within the veterinary team.
We’re now looking for a Senior Product Designer to support our growth and expansion! You will be a key member of Provet Cloud’s Finances team, a critical component of our product dedicated to ensuring that veterinary professionals worldwide can manage their clinic’s financial matters, payments, and invoicing with ease and integrity. Your role will be pivotal in ensuring smooth business operations for our customers, maintaining compliance with financial regulations, and meeting market-specific requirements. This role reports to our Senior Design Manager.
This is a unique opportunity to join our team and contribute to enhancing the efficiency and simplicity of veterinary practice management through Provet Cloud! 🚀
Your key responsibilities include:
- Together with the Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead, you will help to shape the vision and direction of the product’s Finance domain. You will play a key role in defining the roadmap, projects, tasks, and pivotal actions that your team should undertake.
- Redesign and rework the product’s financial features while addressing interim solutions and improvements. Collaborate with other designers, researchers, and product managers to deliver the most impactful solutions to our customers.
- Strategize, conceive, and create financial workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready visuals that align with business goals. Effectively communicate and document design choices, fostering deeper understanding among stakeholders.
- Ensure both your own and your team’s understanding of the product’s financial workflows, stepping in to take decisive action when necessary, and often being the most vocal and influential voice in the team.
- Collaborate with the engineers to bring designs to production, and help in ensuring high-quality implementation and smart iteration beyond release. Understand the domain’s technical constraints and devise concrete actions to overcome these challenges.
- Collaborate closely with the UX Research team to incorporate insights into designs, ensuring that the solutions are backed by both data and user feedback.
- Contribute to the overall design and product development processes together with other Senior Product Designers.
- Foster the adoption of our renowned Nord Design System in our product and contribute to its continued growth and evolution.
- Help to grow a highly-collaborative, design-focused culture by participating in regular design review and discussion sessions.
What will help you to be successful in this role?
Ideally, you have already gained 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer. Candidates demonstrating a strong track record or significant exposure in financial SaaS, payment, invoicing, or accounting software will be prioritized in our selection process.
At this time, we can only consider candidates who are already located within the Central European Time Zone (CET) with a maximum deviation of ±1 hour.
In addition, we value:
- Profound passion for Design, from design fundamentals to specific areas like product development processes, research excellence, and content.
- Prior experience in financial SaaS businesses and the ability to comprehensively think through intricate workflows and interaction patterns, to create impactful features.
- An autonomous and proactive approach to your work, paired with the ability to rally and align others in solving defined problems and to follow up effectively.
- A second-nature capability to express concepts through documentation, wireframing, and prototyping, building understanding and alignment among diverse stakeholders.
- Stakeholder management skills and the ability to work closely with designers, researchers, product managers, developers, and others inside and out of your team.
- A mature, business-savvy approach to decision-making in Design, aiming to deliver value that allows both our customers and our business to win.
- A respectful, humble, and collaborative attitude focused on bringing success to everyone—both peers and customers.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English, our primary working language..
What’s in it for you?
- At Nordhealth, we do things a little bit differently. We value continuous improvement, diverse teams and autonomy which drive our collaboration.
- Nordhealth operates in a rapidly changing healthcare field worldwide, and we are seeking colleagues who would be eager to be part of it.
- Our current team setup is small, diverse, and distributed across Europe. We have a lot of trust in everyone to work independently and asynchronously towards common goals, and we’re the best match for highly proactive and collaborative designers.
In addition, we offer:
- The chance to work in a meaningful industry and in a fast-growing, global company on a path to changing digital healthcare
- A permanent role with competitive compensation and benefits
- Learning and professional growth opportunities
- Talented colleagues from around the world
If you enjoy working in a fast-growing and international environment with the possibility to make an impact, this might be the perfect job for you. Apply now! We’ll fill the position as soon as we find the right person.
Please note that applications without a portfolio won’t be considered.