+358 50 5343164
We are looking for Summer Trainee, UX Design to join the Vaisala Design team in our headquarters at Vantaa / site at Espoo. During the summer, you will create a UI concept and conduct a detailed design for a next generation weather instrument that is currently under development. You will also gather feedback about the design and improve the results based on the learnings.
Vaisala’s measurement solutions have an impact where it truly matters – enabling climate action and solving some of the biggest challenges of our time. We are a global leader in weather, environment, and industrial measurements. Our technologies can be found where they matter the most, from hospitals, national parks, and data centers to airports and wind farms all over the world – even on Mars!
You will be part of Vaisala Design team consisting of 15+ design professionals. You will also work closely with the instrument R&D team responsible for the development of the new product. You will have an excellent opportunity with the team to conduct UX design from concept phase to detailed design. You will also use and participate in the development of our design system. You will report to Head of Design.
WHAT WILL YOUR SUMMER LOOK LIKE?
- You will map the user journey and learn what are the requirements and needs the user has at the different stages of the journey. You will combine this information with the relevant technology and business point of views and turn these ideas into UI concept(s). You will then evaluate the concepts with the stakeholders. After this you will create the detailed UI designs that are ready for the development.
- You will be responsible for the project but you will also be supported by the other designers in the design team and by the product development team responsible for the development of the new instrument.
- The goal is to create a seamless user journey for new weather instrument that enables efficient, effective, and pleasant operation of the instrument.
- The product that is being developed is one of the key weather instruments of Vaisala’s weather and environment offering. Making sure that the user journey and experience are seamless and pleasant are key components for the success of the new product.
- We expect you to deliver alternative UI concepts, gather feedback about these and then turn the winning designs into a detailed UI design documentation.
- You will learn about UI concept and detailed design work. You will focus on software UI design, but you will also contribute and learn about the interaction design of a hardware product. You will also learn about the use and development of design systems.
- The work will be done at Vaisala headquarters in close collaboration with the design and product team members. There is an opportunity for occasional remote work.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- We are looking for student with interaction, UI, UX or industrial design studies and/or relevant experience.
- Basic understanding of the user centered design process, passion for UX design, positive and curious attitude towards solving difficult design challenges.
- Figma or other UI design tools skills are an asset but not mandatory.
DID WE GET YOU INTERESTED?
Apply at the latest on February 27, 2024 via the application form. Please attach your CV and portfolio (if you have one). We’d also appreciate learning about what made you apply for this position and to Vaisala in the form of a short motivation letter.
If you want to know more, feel free to reach out to Sauli Laitinen via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +358 50 5343164 Kindly note that we cannot process applications via email due to data privacy requirements.
Please note that we are not able to provide support in relocation or work permit-related matters.