Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You’ll Do
As a product designer on Mapbox’s automotive team, you will work with our OEMs, Mapbox engineers, and design colleagues to define the next generation of driver experiences for a global audience.
- Design and shape the product experience of our automotive and navigation apps
- Research infotainment and navigation trends and best practices
- Propose and promote next generation features for Mapbox products and services
- Generate design explorations to current and future driver needs
- Work cross-functionally to create innovative features
- Evangelize the user experience and design process within Mapbox
- Deliver documentation and design assets to Mapbox engineers
- Help Mapbox designers do their best work through feedback and critique
- Work with and push engineering teams to ensure that output matches design intent
- Always advocate for the user
What We Believe Are Important Traits For This Role
- 5+ years professional experience, specifically as a Product Designer
- You are an expert in iOS/Android UX patterns and design techniques
- Vast experience with prototyping in Figma or Principle
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Experience leading and launching end-to-end product features
- Employ human-centered design processes
- Proactively seek feedback throughout the design process
- Incorporate user research techniques throughout the development of your work
- Comfortable being a self starter and driving momentum on the team
- Understand how to design for embedded software in automotive contexts is a bonus point
CV without Portfolio do not consider for this role.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity